It’s estimated that about 80% of people in the U.S. will experience neck pain at some point during their life. This means that neck pain is extremely common and can happen to almost anyone for a variety of reasons. It can be very overwhelming and physically uncomfortable to deal with, which is why finding relief for neck pain should always be a priority. Depending on the cause of your pain, if it’s left untreated, it could have the potential to worsen or develop other problems that may cause further pain.
If you are experiencing neck pain, you shouldn’t wait to address it. You deserve to find treatment in a timely manner so that your quality of life may improve. You should also seek out treatment as soon as you experience uncomfortable pain because you want to avoid neglecting a condition that could get worse.
What are some of the most common causes of neck pain that may leave you wanting relief?
Neck pain can be attributed to any one of the following causes. This list is not exhaustive but rather lists a few of the most common causes of neck pain. To determine the most likely cause of your pain, you’d need to speak with a qualified medical care provider.
- Poor posture.
- Compressed or pinched nerve.
- Bone spur or tumor growth.
- Spinal stenosis.
- Herniated disc.
- Muscle strain.
What are some common treatments for neck pain?
There are several different treatment routes a person could go to find relief for their neck pain. One common type of treatment is anti-inflammatory medications, which can help reduce neck pain and inflammation in the neck. Anti-inflammatory medications are only effective as a short-term pain-relieving solution. Another type of treatment is corticosteroid injections. These also help reduce pain and inflammation but, eventually, wear off after several weeks or months. It’s worth noting that the number of injections a person can receive in one particular area is limited. A third treatment option for neck pain relief is physical therapy. The benefits of physical therapy last long past the last PT session. Keep reading the sections below to learn more about what makes PT one of the best treatment options for neck pain.
What are some reasons why PT should be your go-to for treating and relieving neck pain?
If you’re dealing with neck pain and in need of relief, here are several reasons why PT should be your go-to:
- It can improve your posture — Physical therapy is great for improving your posture. If your pain is related to poor posture, you’ll benefit from PT. Physical therapists are specialists in posture — they know where your back and neck should be positioned for optimum health. They can help you improve your posture and teach you how to be mindful of when you’re sitting or standing incorrectly.
- It can reduce your pain — PT is also good for those hoping to find relief from their neck pain because it can potentially reduce your pain for more than a short period of time. Unlike medication and injections, the effects of PT often last far longer.
- It can better protect your neck — Physical therapy is effective at building protection around the neck because exercise can be used to build strength. Strong muscles help support the weight of the head and protect any ligaments, joints, and other tissue.
- It can improve the range of motion in your neck — PT helps improve the range of motion in your neck, too. Therapists know how to enable movement in your neck with minimal pain. They use gentle exercise and stretching to loosen up tense areas in the neck that may be contributing to your discomfort.
Let Lattimore PT help you get relief for your neck pain
Lattimore Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation Network first got its start in 1992. John and Cindy Shuman, husband and wife, first launched their own physical therapy practice with the aim to improve the quality of life of each member of their community. Since 1992, Lattimore PT has opened nearly 30 locations across New York.
Our team of talented physical therapists spread across the state is dedicated to understanding the treatment that works best for you. We specialize in taking a hands-on, interactive approach with each of our patients to provide them with the best care possible. Each of the physical therapists at our Lattimore locations takes pride in their work and does their best to come to the clinic each day with a smiling face. We aim to make each physical therapy session enjoyable yet productive. The ultimate mark of success, to us, is a patient who feels positively impacted by our work. Are you ready to experience “the Lattimore way”?
We’re more than qualified to help you reduce the pain you’re feeling in your neck while helping reduce future occurrences of pain. We specialize in treating a wide variety of conditions and patients with unique circumstances. You’re not just another chart when you come to visit us; you’re a patient we want to help. Let us be the ones to give you the help you need.
Contact our team today for more information or to schedule an initial appointment.